Join Our Team – We’re Hiring!
Drive Forward is seeking an Outreach and Engagement Manager to develop and implement our community and member programming to build brand awareness, nurture relationships with community partners, create a pipeline of new members, and keep existing members engaged with the organization.
The Outreach and Engagement Manager will have two major areas of focus with smaller additional duties to include:
- Develop, implement, and report on a member engagement plan to keep members engaged with the organization to include existing and new member programming. (35%)
- Develop, implement, and report on a community outreach plan with a focus on building awareness of the organization and driving in new membership. (30%)
- Staff regular office hours for members to seek assistance and support (20%)
- When needed assist the Executive Director with member advocacy (10%)
- Coordinate outreach and engagement communications and content with the Executive Director. (10%)
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director (5%)
Location, Hours, Salary, and Benefits
Based in Tukwila WA, this position in 50% on-site in-person, 30% remote, and 10% off-site in-person. Limited evening and weekend hours may be required to support programs. Core working hours are Pacific Standard Time (PST), Full-time (40 hours per week).
Salary range is $52,000 – $65,000 annually (DOE).
We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Medical and Family Leave
- Health, vision, and dental benefits.
- 2-5 years of experience as a program coordinator/manager, membership coordinator/manager, community organizer, or field organizer in related non-profits, community organizations, political campaigns, or issue advocacy fields
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Strong ability to present information to diverse groups
- Strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service to members/clients
- Strong time-management skills; ability to prioritize projects, work independently, and work through interruptions
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships internally and with external partners
- Demonstrated embodiment of Drive Forward’s values in a professional environment
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination required by hire date
Additional Preferred Skills
- Proficiency or fluency in one or more of the following languages: Spanish, Somali, Amharic, Arabic, Vietnamese, or Chinese
- Bachelor’s Degree or demonstrated critical thinking skills in work and/or educational history
- Familiarity with EveryAction database or other NGP/VAN products
- Experience with independent work on app-based platforms (Uber, DoorDash, Rover, etc.)
- Familiarity with Microsoft365 office productivity suite
- Knowledge of local and/or Washington State policy and regulation around independent work.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume in PDF format to info(at)driveforwardseattle.org. Please make the subject of your email “(Last Name) – Outreach and Engagement Manager”. Address the cover letter to the Executive Director and label any attachments with your last name. The position is opened until filled, candidates will be reviewed as applications are submitted.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Commitment to Equity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Drive Forward is committed to listening to our members from communities of color and marginalized communities and to empower them to advocate for outcomes that reflect and respond to their priorities around their independent work, and by working alongside these members and their communities dismantle institutions of systemic oppression in Washington State.
Drive Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in every facet of our organization. We are committed equal opportunity in employment and promotion for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, the presences of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, pregnancy and childbirth, family responsibilities, or any other basis protected by applicable laws, regulations, or guidelines relating to discrimination in employment.